The Bio-Imaging Facility of the IST Austria provides state-of the art fluorescence microscopy services, Flow Cytometry services, as well as custom image analysis and optical development services. We are enlarging our team and are searching for a full time advanced microscopist.
- Support of basic facility operations: routine care of the microscopy equipment, (basic) training of the users, etc.
- Support and development of advanced quantitative microscopy-based measurements, with a focus on multi-photon imaging application (cognate awake animal imaging), recording and analysis of calcium dynamics
- Project based tasks, such as: optimization of cleared tissue imaging, organoid imaging methods and real-time image analysis based feedback microscopy
- Assistance in teaching and organization of annual microscopy courses
- PhD or relevant education / research experience involving quantitative microscopy techniques in the field of life science: e.g. neuroscience, regeneration, immunology, embryogenesis and knowledge of quantitative biophysical applications
- Proven experience with advanced and quantitative microscopy applications (e.g. multi-photon imaging, FRAP, laser assisted micro-dissection, etc.)
- Familiar with at least some of the following programs / languages: ImageJ/FIJI (advanced), Imaris, Huygens, Ilastik, Matlab, Micro-Manager or Python
- Excellent organizational, project management and English skills
- Team-oriented work spirit, reliable, precise, ability to work independently
For additional information please check the job offer.