Product Manager for Confocal Microscopy, Leica, Germany
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division.
Leica Microsystems has six manufacturing facilities in five countries, with sales and service organizations in 20 countries. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany
- Life Cycle Management of existing products to ensure competitiveness and profitability
- Evaluate and select ideas for innovations in order to develop technical concepts for a market-oriented product
- Identify and evaluate applicative trends in the field of Bioimaging
- Definition of market-friendly solutions and their application-oriented commercialization in order to be the preferred partner of target customers
- Calculation of product and feature prices to determine prices in line with the market
- Complete preparation and strategy for market launch, as well as presentation of new products to selling units and customers
- Deliver data and evaluation for the preparation of budgets, forecast and quantity planning.
- Continuous observation of competition; define and execute of preventive and reactive measures
- Support sales staff through sales documents, training courses, at trade shows, promotional activities and respond to inquiries
- Academic grade in natural or technical sciences, operational knowledge beneficial
- Excellent expertise in the field of confocal microscopy
- Preferably experience in marketing and product management
- Excellent command of English
- VOC, good network in research and industry, communication skills
For additional information please visit the official job offer page.