The Bio-Imaging Resource Center (BIRC) at the Rockefeller University in New York City is seeking a motivated full-time microscopist to join the staff. Reporting to the Director of BIRC, responsibilities include:
- assisting in advising and training users in all areas of optical microscopy, including microscope set-up, experimental design, sample preparation and data evaluation;
- performing trouble-shooting, microscope maintenance and miscellaneous laboratory maintenance and job-related duties as required;
- working on collaborative studies with Rockefeller University researchers will also be encouraged for motivated individuals.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in biology or a related field;
- a minimum of two years of experience in advanced fluorescence microscopy techniques, plus experience with sample preparation and experimental design;
- excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills;
- an enthusiastic approach towards new techniques;
- motivation to maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art imaging technology and the flexibility to interact with a diverse group of researchers;
- strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
The equipment in the center includes:
- Leica SP8 confocal microscope, Zeiss LSM 780 confocal microscope, and Zeiss LSM 880 inverted confocal/multiphoton system;
- Olympus FV1000 MPE Twin upright multiphoton system with dual NIR lasers plus GaAsP detectors;
- LaVision Ultramicroscope (light sheet system;)
- OMX 3D-SIM and Nikon STORM super-resolution systems;
- Two DeltaVisions, Olympus CellVoyager, Olympus VivaView, spinning disk confocal microscope fitted with FRAP/Photoactivation capabilities, MMI laser microdissection system, and various widefield microscopes;
- Several high-end image processing workstations with advanced softwares.
Follow your passion for excellence in science and join our researchers in the pursuit of science for the benefit of humanity.
How to apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative working environment.
Please visit the URL below and apply to job code “IRC20123”.Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter:
For specific technical questions about the BIRC’s instrumentation or services, please feel free to contact Dr. Alison North, the Director of the BIRC, at: email@example.com .
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/