Technical assistant, MPI of Immunology and Epigenetics, Freiburg, Germany
We are looking for a Technical assistant
Imaging Facility is looking for a Technical assistant, Starting as soon as possible. Full time or part-time (50%)
The position is initially for 2 years, with possibility of an extension.
The Imaging Facility is part of the institute’s scientific infrastructure. It currently has 8 advanced microscopes, including confocals, “Airyscan”, spinning disk, multi-photon and super-resolution systems, available to all research groups at the institute.
The candidate will support Facility staff in technical and organizational matters to ensure smooth running of Imaging Facility. This includes introductions of users to microscope systems and image processing programs, immediate help and troubleshooting, routine checks and maintenance of the instruments, cleaning of working areas, microscopes and accessories, preparation of user manual notes, ordering and dealing with instruments manufacturers, tasks to ensure compliance and implementation of safety-related regulations in S1 and S2 areas.
Your qualifications and profile:
- Completed vocational training as a technical assistant (MTA, BTA, CTA) or equivalent qualification with at least 1 year work experience related to microscopy
- Experience in operating and maintenance of fluorescence microscopes
- Knowledge of image processing programs (Imaris, ImageJ/Fiji, Huygens, Vision 4D, CellProfiler, KNIME etc)
- Experience of working at a microscopy/imaging facility
- Experience in cell culture techniques and sample preparation for light microscopy
- Knowledge of tissue optical clearing is a plus
- Good level of English and German (oral and written) is required
- Good computer skills
- Team worker, reliable, communicative, willing to learn, independent
diverse and challenging tasks, a modern work space, opportunities for further professional development.
Salary will be based on previous experience according to TVöD guidelines. Social benefits correspond to those of German public service.
Application deadline: 20.10.2017.
Formal application must be submitted through the Institute’s website.