One position for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow is open in the Department of Experimental Neurology (group of Dr. Philipp Mergenthaler) and the Berlin Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies (group of Dr. Harald Stachelscheid) at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated PhD for a project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research on the functional characterization of mitochondrial protein complexes for the pathophysiology of stroke in human stem cell-derived 2D and 3D models of the brain.
Area of work:
- Mechanisms of Stroke pathophysiology and their validation as a therapeutic target.
- Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC) to generate 2D, 3D and organoid models of the brain.
- Genetic engineering of hiPSC with CRISPR/Cas.
- Multidimensional microscopy, high content microscopy and high content analysis.
- Participating in animal studies.
- Graduate degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or similar.
- PhD with excellent results, a focus on cell biology is preferred.
- Excellent skills in handling primary cells or stem cells.
- Expertise in multidimensional microscopy and (automated) data analysis.
- Track record of completed projects.
- Interest in translational research with a focus on basic biological mechanisms in the clinical Neurosciences.
Personality, methodological and social skills:
We are looking for dedicated and flexible personalities. The ideal candidates show strong motivation and a sense of responsibility, joy in multi-professional teamwork, high accuracy and reliability in their experimental work. Candidates have strong organizational and communication skills, and the motivation to participate in the training and supervision of new employees (e.g. doctoral students) in addition to the scientific work. Candidates are expected show a good level of independence. Exact documentation of all work, motivation to establish new techniques, prepare data analyses, project reports and manuscripts independently, very good knowledge of the English language, and excellent computer skills are expected. Please include a cover letter describing your past research experience and potential future research interests.
Please send your application documents by email in PDF format. Contact details are available in the original job posting. Please consult and refer to the original job description when applying: https://www.charite.de/service/stellenangebot/angebot/detailinfo/2_wissenschaftliche_mitarbeiterinnen_post_doc_dm5118/
Please consult https://www.charite.de/en/careers/ for general information about working at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Charité – Universitätsmedizin is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. All of our clinical care, research and teaching is delivered by physicians and researchers of the highest international standard. Charité is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and training. Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin represents a single medical faculty, which serves both Humboldt Universtität zu Berlin and Freie Universität Berlin.
Application deadline: 31 May 2018