Advanced Microscopist / optical engineer, Institute of Science and Technology (IST), near Vienna, Austria
The Bio-Imaging Facility of the IST Austria provides state-of the art fluorescence microscopy services, FACS services, as well as custom image analysis and optical development services. We are enlarging our team and are searching for a full time advanced microscopist. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird’s eye view of IST Austria.
- Support of basic facility operations: routine care ofmicroscopy equipment,(basic) training ofusers
- Support and development of advanced quantitative microscopy-based measurement methods (FLIM, FRAP,FRET, FCS,RICS, TIRF, laser ablation), initiated by research groups
- Initial projects involve:support in implementation of lattice light sheet microscope, customization of OpenSPIM, optimization of cleared tissue imaging, implementation of adaptive optics
- Implementation for real-time feedback microscopy and image analysis routines,initiated by research groups
- Assist in teaching the yearly microscopy course and small workshops
Closing Date 15 March 2019
For additional information please consult the job offer.