Journal of Cell Science and its publisher, The Company of Biologists, are seeking to appoint a Community Manager to run a new microscopy resource website.
An extensive consultation told us that the microscopy community would welcome a trusted, curated and centralised site to connect people, resources and information. Our exciting new initiative is therefore intended to create a platform for the microscopy community to share news and techniques, discuss issues relevant to the field and read about the latest research and events.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join us to develop, launch and maintain this site, which will be hosted by Journal of Cell Science but will be relevant to all of the Company of Biologists’ journals.
Core responsibilities of the position include
- Creating and commissioning content, including writing posts and soliciting content from the academic community, societies, companies and other organisations.
- Providing user support and ensuring site functionality on a day-to-day basis.
- Providing creative and practical input into the design and development of the site.
- Maintaining and developing the site’s presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Developing and managing sponsorship, ads and commercial relationships.
- Representing Journal of Cell Science and the resource site at international conferences.
For additional information please check the job offer.