The Max-Delbruck-Center (MDC) Berlin is a leading biomedical research institute dedicated to interdisciplinary research in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Cancer, Function/Dysfunction of the Nervous System and Medical Systems Biology. The Systems Biology Imaging Platform works to bring the latest imaging technology to users at the MDC. We are looking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to support commercial systems as well as develop, maintain and adapt custom light microscopes in close collaboration with MDC/BIMSB research groups and industrial partners.
- The development of a high-resolution oblique plane light sheet microscope for long-term imaging of developing model organisms and organoids.
- support users in the running of advanced light microscopy equipment and development of custom image acquisition / analysis workflows
- participate in the organization and execution of courses on light microscopy and image analysis for the MDC / BIMSB user community
The applicant should have:
- PhD in Biology, (Bio)Physics, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in with complex optical set-ups, expertise in programming for instrumentation control and automation.
- An interest in biological applications of new optical technologies
- Experience with bioimage analysis (Matlab, python, FIJI/ImageJ) and machine learning tools
- the motivation to work creatively and independently, be well organized, rigorous, and enjoy working in an international team within a highly collaborative atmosphere
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. The MDC is certified by the work and family audit and provides an inclusive and family friendly environment.
Applications from women are explicitly encouraged and women will be given preference over equally qualified men (within the legal possibilities). Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by Feb 20, 2020 including cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of relevant experiences and skills, 2-3 names of references. Please submit your application in a single pdf file, maximum size 5 MB.