Head of Light Imaging Facility, Human Technopole, Milano, Italy
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 12 November 2020
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for the Head of Light Imaging facility.
The person, reporting to the Chair of the Light Imaging User Group, will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and constantly evolving a world leading facility for research support and development in light imaging. This state-of-the-art-facility plans to attract the best talent and harness a broad range of advanced imaging instrumentation to provide cornerstone support to the scientific vision of Human Technopole. It will be fully integrated within an outstanding research environment, including transformative facilities for image analysis, stem cell and organoid automation, (cryo-) electron microscopy and CLEM, leading edge genomics and animal research infrastructures. The facilities will have full access to a powerful, state-of-the-art, and centrally administered high performance computing (HPC) cluster, designed to meet the needs of microscopy, computational biology and data science.
The Head will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop a world-class Light Imaging facility operating over the full span covered by light microscopy and supporting a wide range of experiments from super resolution to high throughput pipelines;
- Maintain and further develop the core facility equipment;
- Provide high level service in sample preparation and image acquisition;
- Train, mentor and supervise facility technicians;
- Establish a successful (internal and external) user training system for access to basic and high-end instruments;
- Organize internal workshops to increase the knowledge base of the HT community;
- Participate in organizing workshops for external scientists;
- Scout for new promising technologies, continuously enhancing the portfolio of the facility;
- Optimize novel protocols and adapt them to the Facility workflow;
- Interact closely with scientists on all aspects of the imaging acquisition and processing flow;
- Establish synergies with the other HT facilities;
- Develop links with other leading Light Imaging facilities and resources worldwide;
- Manage the supply of reagents and equipment required for the smooth operation of the facility;
- Participate in facility reviews by external experts;
- Participate actively in the overall development of HT core facilities;
- Report regularly on progress to the Chair of the Light Imaging User Group;
- Help design and advise IT services to meet facility and user requirements;
- Build effective links and collaborations within HT;
- Support raising third-party funding where possible.
For additional information please check the job offer.