Light microscopy applications specialist, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Light microscopy applications specialist at the Center for Microscopy and Image Analysis
University of Zurich
Applications are invited for a position as light microscopy specialist at the Center for Microscopy and Image Analysis (ZMB) of the University of Zurich to commence 1st of June 2021.
The ZMB (www.zmb.uzh.ch) services more than 700 users a year with access, training and education in state of the art light- and electron microscopy. The ZMB is an advanced imaging core facility of the University of Zurich providing various imaging techniques in microscopy mainly in the life sciences. The focus is on techniques, instrumentation and know-how in electron and light microscopy including preparation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Fluorescence life time imaging (FLIM) in cells and tissue
- Multiphoton in vivo microscopy
- Supporting users in handling and analyzing data
- Introducing and training users at light microscopes in general
- Maintenance of advanced microscopes
- Defining optimal imaging strategies in collaboration with users
- Teaching in lectures and courses
The successful applicant should have:
- Expertise in FLIM imaging and data processing.
- Experience in light microscopy applications in general (confocal laserscanning microscopy, widefield microscopy, lightsheet microscopy).
- Experience in scripting and programming will be considered an advantage.
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem solving mindset.
- A PHD is required and post doc experience is an advantage.
Salary and employment terms:
The position as Academic Associates is a fulltime position for 4 years. Career progression and permanent position is based on performance.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set according to the University of Zurich’s general classification guidelines for academic positions.
For additional information about the position, please contact Urs Ziegler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 18 April 2021.