BINA Program Administrator, Morgridge Institute, Madison, USA
As an independent research organization, the Morgridge Institute for Research explores uncharted scientific territory to discover tomorrow’s cures. In affiliation with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, we support researchers who take a fearless approach to advancing human health in emerging fields such as regenerative biology, metabolism, virology and medical engineering. Through public programming, we work to inspire scientific curiosity in everyday life.
The Program Administrator position assists the Bioimaging North America (BINA) leadership, including the BINA Program Coordinator, in multiple projects and administrative duties. The person in this role will coordinate and participate in community activities towards research, education and outreach. The successful applicant will prepare and edit reports, presentations, and help the team track progress using project management tools. The program administrator will provide a wide range of administrative, clerical, and organizational support for BINA, including data entry, website and calendar management, preparing correspondence, and assisting with internal and external communications. The administrator is expected to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups at all levels of the organization to advance the mission of the network while working independently using initiative, creativity, and judgement to manage projects and solve problems.
- Coordinate feedback with the BINA Program Coordinator to help execute and track projects; for example, to ensure implementation aligns with planned project timelines.
- Prepare standard and/or ad hoc reports, organizing input from tools or teammates including reporting to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI).
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator and other BINA members on projects and with external groups involved in BINA supported projects.
- Support the Program Coordinator with project tracking, financial reporting and grant proposals.
- Maintain physical and electronic files and mailing lists; create, prepare, edit, and proof-read documents; perform other organizational tasks such as sending regular electronic communications to BINA mailing lists.
- Assist with presentations, including gathering information as appropriate, formatting and proofing slides, recording, typing and distributing minutes and posting presentations.
- Coordinate calendars and meetings by scheduling, generating agendas, reserving rooms, inviting attendees and booking resources/catering as needed.
- Event planning for single-day meetings through multi-day conferences. Prepare registration materials; manage reservations for event space, hotels, catering and receptions; send and review attendee surveys; manage budget and invoice payment. Complete expense reports and assist with travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Co-ordinate metrology suitcase program, send materials out to participants and organize regular QC checks on component performance.
- Update and manage content on project websites and social media sites.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
For additional information please check the job offer.