Senior Bio-Image Analyst, Scionics, Dresden, Germany
We seek to recruit a highly motivated individual to work as part of a team dedicated to biological image analysis. This team is embedded in a larger Scientific Computing team based within an academic research institute (MPI-CBG) and provides image analysis services to the Dresden scientific community. The close vicinity of research groups working at the interface of biology and physics as well as optical technology development and image processing provides an exciting and unique environment to work on multidisciplinary projects.
The Senior Bio-Image Analyst will support the needs of wet lab biologists by meeting with them to discuss their projects and proposing and implementing solutions for the image analysis component of their research. There is also the opportunity to work closely with a range of computational research groups focused on computer vision, machine learning, and bio-image analysis. The Dresden campus has a strong involvement in the Fiji/ImageJ community and involvement in such efforts is also encouraged.
As the senior analyst within the team, the position also demands a high sense of responsibility and the enthusiasm to mentor, guide and collaborate with other team members. The senior analyst will use existing software packages to demonstrate and implement quantitative, scientifically rigorous and repeatable image analysis pipelines while also considering factors such as usability and the integration of the solution into existing infrastructure. The team deals with a diverse and exciting range of projects, and a successful candidate will enjoy innovating and being creative in using existing tools and testing and implementing new tools to efficiently solve scientific problems. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to the teaching of image analysis strategies and techniques, will keep up-to-date with new trends, and will work to continue our strong relationships with imaging facilities on campus.
This is a full-time, onsite position (Dresden, Germany), with salary based on experience. Scionics may provide assistance with moving costs.
- Support scientists by designing and building image analysis workflows using a variety of open source and commercial packages such as ImageJ/Fiji, Ilastik, Huygens, Imaris and CellProfiler
- Write custom scripts and macros to combine, integrate, and expand existing tools using Python, ImageJ Macro and/or MATLAB
- Manage a “walk-in” consultation service for scientists to guide them to the correct software and image analysis solution
- Prepare training materials and teach and train researchers with regard to image analysis techniques and appropriate tools/programming languages
- Collaborate with researchers to develop and implement algorithms that solve specific image processing problems from cell and developmental biology
- Maintain effective communication with imaging facilities on campus and foster mutual knowledge exchange
- Test and propose new tools and strategies in order to keep up-to-date with current bio-image analysis trends
For additional information please check the job offer.