High-Content Screening and Automation Expert, FMI Basel, Switzerland
The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) seeks a highly motivated individual to manage the High Content Screening (HCS) and Automation projects at the Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy. The FMI is a world-class biomedical research institute investigating the molecular mechanisms of health and disease and has state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure for HCS. The position (100%) will be initially for three years, with the possibility thereafter to become permanent.
- Define best experimental strategies for HCS projects.
- Help with or perform yourself assay development, including cell and organoid culture, staining and clearing.
- Manage compound and CRISPR libraries in coordination with Novartis HCS platforms.
- Help in setting up image acquisition pipelines and troubleshoot the HCS microscopes (Yokogawa CV7000, Molecular Devices IXM confocal).
- Run automated liquid handling robots and setup micro-fluidics devices for HCS but also other application in proteomics and genomics.
- Guide, supervise and train users.
- Perform basic image pre-processing tasks for subsequent image and data analysis steps and interface with in-house image analysis specialists.
- Manage lab resources.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 12 September 2021.