Research Associate, Advanced Bioimaging Laboratory, St.Louis, USA
The Advanced Bioimaging Laboratory at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to fill a full-time position as a Research Associate. Responsibilities will include direction and execution of collaborations and fee-for-service microscopy projects. For more information about the Advanced Bioimaging Laboratory please visit our webpage.
- Sample preparation and imaging for electron and light microscopy, as well as downstream visualization, quantification and analysis
- Troubleshooting instrumentation
- Routine lab maintenance
- Training materials and training of junior staff and facility users
- Basic chemical/biochemical laboratory tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Hands-on experience with contemporary electron microscopy instrumentation, sample preparation and associated image acquisition and analysis software
- Outstanding collaborative and leadership abilities, able to work independently and show initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Extensive laboratory experience and excellent organization and communication skills
- Able to train and manage other laboratory personnel, manage multiple tasks, contribute substantially to publications and grants
- Troubleshoot and optimize laboratory protocols and instrumentation
- Lives the Danforth Center values: Collaboration, Diversity & Inclusion, Innovation, Integrity & Respect, Environmental Sustainability, and Stewardship
For additional information please check the job offer.