The Electron Microscopy Core Facility is seeking to recruit a Scientist/Engineer to join our team. The EMCF provides advanced expertise and service in electron microscopy: from sample preparation to image analysis and for a large variety of biological samples ranging from macromolecules to tissues. The EMCF offers routine access to 2D and 3D ultrastructural characterization using transmission electron microscopes (TEM), TEM tomography, focused ion beam SEM (FIBSEM), Serial block face SEM (SBEM), immuno-localization at the subcellular level, high-throughput TEM and correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM).
The job responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the TEMs and computer workstations in a multi-user environment (implement usage guidelines, manage the online booking system etc.).
- Operation of the TEMs to collect three-dimensional datasets by electron tomography (single and dual axis, montaged and serial tomograms) using the SerialEM software package.
- Interactions with microscopes manufacturer’s service teams.
- Running computational data analysis packages including three-dimensional reconstruction of cell volumes and segmentation methods.
- Training new users and providing support for the existing ones in using the TEMs and the different software packages available. This responsibility involves one-on-one training sessions and the organization of workshops.
- Developing imaging resources: improve acquisition workflows (e.g. automation for TEM and CLEM), ensure a technology watch to bring the microscopes to a cutting-edge level (at the hardware and software levels).
- Contribute to the upgrading of the facility’s computer systems, software packages and web server management.
- Contribute to the teaching activities offered by the EMCF by organizing and running courses and workshops. Development of customized software tools for image processing of large 2D and 3D datasets.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 11 April 2022