Imaging Core Director, Florida Research & Innovation Center, USA
Job Profile Summary:
The Cleveland Clinic Florida Research and Innovation Center (FRIC) is seeking a motivated and skilled microscopist to manage and direct its Light Microscopy Core. This position requires advanced technical and scientific expertise in imaging acquisition and analysis, along with the ability to work collaboratively in a BSL-2/3 research facility. The Light Microscopy Core Director will report to the Director of Research Compliance and Operations.
- Manage the daily operations of the Core, including oversight of Core projects and infrastructure; the purchase, utilization, and upkeep of equipment; and hiring and managing of junior Core staff
- Train FRIC investigators in the proper use of microscopes and imaging equipment; troubleshoot experimental and technical problems to help optimize techniques and improve understanding of biological questions
- Provide advice to clients on experimental design, protocols, and sample preparation
- Provide post-acquisition image processing and analysis and assist with interpretation of data
- Together with the Director of Research Compliance and Operations, establish and implement the Core’s business plan, policies, and procedures, while assessing needs and opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Maintain SOPs and quality control measures in order to monitor compliance of the Core, its Staff, and users with institutional and regulatory policies in a BSL-3 environment (e.g., biohazard material handling, IBC protocols, and IACUC protocols)
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing
- Help develop informational and educational materials to communicate information to Core users and help maintain the Core website
- Supervise Core accounting; manage billing; maintain and generate reports, records and statistics; provide budgetary analyses as requested by the Director of Research Compliance and Operations.
For additional information please check the job offer.
For questions or to submit your CV and cover letter, please email Sara Tavakoli (firstname.lastname@example.org).