Technician (BTA/MTA) in the Imaging facility, MPI for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and four research groups, as well as several service units.
We are seeking a highly motivated and responsible
Technician (BTA/MTA) (m/f/d)
with strong team spirit and interest in neuroscientific questions for a shared position within the Imaging facility and the Laurent lab. The position is available immediately in fulltime; part-time solutions with focus on either the Imaging or Laurent lab are negotiable. We strive for a long-term perspective of this position; after an initial time limit of 2 years, there is the possibility for extension to a permanent contract.
The range of tasks of the technician (m/f/d) essentially includes various wet lab work: in the Imaging facility, the focus is on sample preparation for both electron and light microscopy. If interested, participation in microscopy and microscope maintenance is also possible. In the Laurent Lab, activities involve mainly histology, molecular biology, animal experimental work and routine lab organization and administration. All tasks will be conducted as part of a team of researchers and experienced technicians after a solid training period.
- Professional training as technician (BTA/MTA) (m/f/d), or a related qualification (max. Bachelor level)
- Strong interest in the biological questions we are addressing and in work in a dynamic international scientific context
- Good training in standard wet lab techniques and good laboratory practice
- Organizational and planning talent as well as structured work and good time management skills
- Previous experience with sample preparation methods is highly desired but not essential
- Experience with light microscopes is advantageous
- The motivation and ability to learn new techniques (such as tissue clearing, tissue staining or the handling of microscopes) are essential
- Good command of the English language is required
- Willingness to participate in animal experimentation
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 15 September 2022.