Scientist, Mini Laser Phase Plate, CZI Institute, USA
The Chan Zuckerberg Imaging Institute is seeking an experienced Scientist, Laser Phase Plate, to drive the development of a mini laser phase plate for cryoEM.
What You’ll Do
- Help direct and drive the development of a miniaturized version of a laser phase plate and test its utility for cryoET in a variety of instruments.
- Work closely with teams at both CZII and the laboratory of Dr. Holger Muller to and help to coordinate collaborative efforts.
- Be able to work independently but also liaise and collaborate with the developers of the laser phase plate, consultants, the other technology group leaders, visitors and the global community.
- Liaise particularly closely with teams developing methods for control and automation of the electron microscope and for validating new technologies.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in laser optics and the design and assembly of integrated optical systems and electronics, and quantum electrodynamics.
- Experience with the design and development of optical cavities
- Experience with adapting sophisticated new technologies for transmission electron microscopy
- Experience with developing new technologies in a clean room environment
- Experience with computer-aided design
- Experience with prototyping of mechanical systems, photon-electron interactions
Apply for this job.