Senior Scientist, Electron Microscopy Technology Platform, CZI Institute, USA
The Chan Zuckerberg Imaging Institute is seeking an experienced Senior Scientist, Electron Microscopy Technology Platform, to be responsible for the overall operation and management of the facility, including equipment maintenance, staff supervision, and user support. The facility supports a wide range of imaging and analysis needs for researchers and technology developers at the CZII. The Manager will work closely with researchers and technology developers to understand their imaging needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a suite of instruments including transmission electron microscopes, focus ion beam scanning electron microscopes, cryo light microscopes, high pressure freezers, etc.
- Supervise and manage the facility staff, including hiring, training, and performance evaluations
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and safety guidelines
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the use of the facility
- Coordinate with researchers and technology developers to understand their imaging needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers of equipment and supplies
- Ensure that equipment and supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner
- Stay current with new technologies and developments in the field of electron microscopy and integrate these into the workflows at the facility
- Collaborate with other facility managers and support staff to ensure that the facility is integrated with the Institute’s overall research operations.
What You’ll Bring
- PhD in structural biology or a related field
- 5+ years of experience managing an electron microscopy facility or related research facility
- Intensive experience with preparing specimen using FIB milling
- Extensive experience with acquiring tomographic data from a TEM
- Strong knowledge of electron microscopy techniques and equipment
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Apply for this job.