Technology Team Leader, New Algorithms for CryoET, CZI Institute, USA
The Chan Zuckerberg Imaging Institute is seeking an experienced Technology Team Leader, New Algorithms for CryoET, to lead a team made up of engineers, researchers, and software developers to support the development of new algorithms for cryoET.
What You’ll Do
- Establish an independent and innovative research program focused on designing novel algorithms to improving the outcomes and speed of cryoET analysis
- Build a research team to develop new algorithms and approaches for cryoET
- Design strategies and experiments to investigate the outcomes of new algorithmic approaches to cryoET
- Collaborate closely with technical teams at CZII
- Collaborate widely with the scientific community
- Lead your own team but liaise and collaborate with the technology group leaders and interact with the Institute research groups, visitors and the global community
- Write research papers and present findings at scientific conferences
- Mentor and train junior researchers in the lab
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research in the field and identify new areas of investigation
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for the Institute, and prioritize where to focus our efforts in biological research as well as how to best apply novel technology developments to provide the highest impact and results to the scientific community
What You’ll Bring
- A PhD in structural biology or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing new algorithms for electron microscopy applications
- Postdoctoral experience in cell or structural biology
- A strong track record of research accomplishments in algorithm development
- Extensive experience with cryo electron microscopy, and sub-tomographic averaging
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to multitask and work with technology developers in a highly collaborative environment
Apply for this job.