Director of the Center for Advanced Light Microscopy (CALM) – Adjunct Series, UC San Francisco, USA
Open date: April 3, 2023
Next review date: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Oct 3, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Director of the Center for Advanced Light Microscopy (CALM) will lead a team that provides access to state-of-art microscopes for use by the UCSF community and serves over 400 scientists a year. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in microscopy and image analysis. Strong technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service is extremely important.
- Administration of the imaging center including managing recharge proposals, billing, website maintenance, and grant writing
- Plan and execute acquisition of new equipment and upgrades to current microscopes
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on core microscopes
- Assist researchers with image acquisition, image analysis, and experimental design
- Teaching microscopy theory and methods in workshops and graduate level courses
For additional information please check the job offer.