Imaging Scientist, DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
The Core Facility “Light Microscopy” is seeking an
The Core Facility “Light Microscopy” headed by Dr. Felix Bestvater provides a wide range of services in the field of modern imaging techniques. In an international, scientific environment, we offer advice, practical training, technical support and 24/7 access to sophisticated microscopes and a wide range of applications.
We are looking for a PhD scientist to strengthen our team as an application and automation specialist in the field of advanced light microscopy methods.
- Establishment and support of state-of-the-art light microscopy, in particular lightsheet imaging, and associated applications (sample clearing, imaging, reconstruction, analysis) in cooperation with users
- Development and testing of light microscopy applications and innovative evaluation methods (e.g. creation of algorithms for feedback microscopy)
- Instructing, advising and supporting users at the microscopes in further advanced applications such as super-resolution, high-throughput and feedback microscopy as well as in the field of digital image processing and data evaluation
- Fault diagnosis and support of the team in the maintenance of the microscopes as well as quality management
- Correspondence with the manufacturing companies as well as organization and supervision of external maintenance orders
- Co-organization and support of courses, workshops and in-house training events
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 5 May 2023