FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY 2017
Bordeaux, France. April 9-12, 2017
30h International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
29th International Conference on Confocal Microscopy
January 17, 2017: deadline for abstract submission for the FOM2017, the Bordeaux conference is nearing. Please submit your abstract by this date.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations can now be submitted through the conference website: http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org where also the conference registration has opened and hotel information is available.
After the successful FOM2016 conference in Taipei, FOM2017, Bordeaux will be the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing. The conference will take place at:
Palais des Congrès de Bordeaux, Convention Center
Avenue Jean Gabriel Domergue, 33300 Bordeaux, France
For further details please visit the FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY website http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org. There, in addition to general information, the scientific program of previous FOM conferences – together with PDF’s of presented abstracts- can be found under the link “Past conferences”
Note: Different Sunday program FOM2017 from previous years!
The (free) tutorials start at 10:30, Sunday morning, 9 April. After lunch, regular sessions begin at 14:00 hours followed by a Flash poster presentation session at 16:00. The Plenary opening session will start around 17:30 followed by a Welcome reception. For details see the tentative program on the website.
FOM2017 in Bordeaux is the continuation of a yearly conference series (since 1988) on the latest innovations and developments in mostly optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine, and materials sciences.
Key topics are:
- Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holographic, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated microscopies, light/electron, et al.
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
At the 2017 conference the topic “Single object – molecule, Quantum Dot , Nanotube- based imaging” will receive special attention.
The conference series is in addition known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labeling techniques for (super)- resolution and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens.
Abstracts for contributions are invited and can already be submitted through the website: http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org where further information on the present and previous FOM conferences can be found.
|Deadline for the submission of abstracts||January 17, 2017|
|Acceptance of abstracts, program on the web||February 10, 2017|
|Deadline for early registration||March 2, 2017|
|FOM2017 Conference||April 9 – 12, 2017|
|Easter Sunday 2017||April 16, 2017|
To stay informed about the conference please leave your name and email at http://www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org/stayinformed
Welcoming you to Bordeaux for the FOM2017 conference and exhibition,
the FOM2017 organizers:
- Lionel Canioni, University Bordeaux, France
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands