The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) is a non-university academic research organisation dedicated to basic biomedical research and is located at the Research Campus Berlin Buch in close vicinity to the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine and the Charité Experimental and Clinical Research Center.
The Cellular Imaging Facility at the FMP offers advanced light and electron microscopy equipment to investigate molecular interactions and cellular structures. We provide access to widefield, confocal, super-resolution and electron microscopes for about 100 users. Additionally we optimize advanced spectroscopy and microscopy techniques like FRET, FLIM, FCS, TIRF, STED, STORM and CLEM as well as novel labelling and manipulation techniques.
To support our users with Image Analysis and further develop our imaging platform we are looking for a
Image Analysis Staff Scientist (m/f) (Job offer 25/2017)
working 39 hours/week initially temporary limited to 2 years with the potential of extension and starting as soon as possible.
- Collaboration with researchers in projects that include quantitative image processing, tracking, super-resolution microscopy, live-cell imaging and correlative Light and Electron Microscopy
- Development of novel algorithms for image processing
- Implementation of automated microscopy acquisition with feedback from analysis
- Collection, Improvement and customization of existing analysis tools
- Training of facility users in Image & Data Analysis tools (ImageJ, Huygens, Imaris, Matlab, Prism)
- Maintenance of Facility IT infrastructure
- Master or Engineer in (Bio)Informatics, (Bio)Physics, Applied Mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis
- Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (e.g. ImageJ, Python or Matlab)
- Familiarity with biological data is a plus
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary projects is advantageous
- Very good English skills and being a strong team player with excellent communication skills
Salaries will be based on TVöD. In 2013, the institute has been awarded the certificate of the audit Beruf und Familie as family-friendly employer. We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
Please address your application, preferably as a single pdf, to Frau Spors (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 31st October 2017.