Genome Engineering: CRISPR/Cas, 8 – 12 Feb 2016, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
This course will provide hands-on training in genome editing and cell engineering in mammalian cells using the highly efficient CRISPR/Cas9 system. Participants will learn design of CRISPR targets using bioinformatics tools, generation of gene knockouts/knock-ins, and target validation using the most current technologies.
This course is aimed at researchers who are familiar with basic molecular and cell biology techniques and want to learn how to create an engineered mammalian cell lines using the most recent and advanced CRISPR/Cas9 system. No previous experience in genome editing is required.
During this course you will learn:
- How to design target specific CRISPR/Cas9 tools
- Basic rules for efficient gene Knock-outs and knock-ins
- Generation of guide RNA (gRNA) using in vitro transcription
- Transfection optimisation for efficient gene editing
- Assays for detecting Gene modification and clone validation
Please check the course website for additional information.