Ten permanent positions in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Bioinformatics, biostatistics and integrative biology have emerged as strategic priorities for the Institut Pasteur. A new “Center for Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Integrative Biology” has been created in 2015 on the Parisian campus. The objective of this center is to federate and strengthen capacities in bioinformatics and biostatistics in the different research areas developed within the institute around biology and health.
Within this framework and after 28 recruitments since 2014, Institut Pasteur proposes again ten permanent positions in bioinformatics and biostatistics for 2017. Successful applicants will be affiliated to the C3BI and to the Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics and will be supervised by the director of the Center. They may be assigned for most of their time to other research units and/or technological platforms within Pasteur. Additionally, the positions also foresee teaching activities both at Paris and in the Institut Pasteur International Network.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main objective is to provide support to research units and platforms at Institut Pasteur for the analysis of their data using bioinformatics and statistics approaches. This support will be provided in various ways:
- advising and guiding in the use of existing methods and tools
- maintaining an active bibliographical survey and evaluating existing tools and methods
- developing new methods and tools when needed
- collaborating with research units and platforms to analyze their data
- helping, defining and implementing collaborative projects such as ANR, ERC, etc.
- transferring knowledge and tools towards research units and platforms, and providing training in bioinformatics and biostatistics
- supporting and maintaining methods and tools developed by research units, and ensuring their integration within open platforms such as Galaxy, …
- actively participating in the implementation of the web portal of the Pasteur Institute bioinformatics platform, to be open to the international community,
- interacting with the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN, 33 institutes all around the world), mainly for setting up trainings and analyzing data
Please check the official job offer for additional information.
The deadline for applications is September 5th, 2017.