Project Manager, EuBI ALM Node Project
1.12.2018-31.12.2020 at Turku Centre for Biotechnology
Turku Centre for Biotechnology is a joint department of the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, providing high-end technologies and expertise to academic and industrial researchers. These services benefit from the internationally competitive, excellent research carried out by TCB investigators. Our researchers discover molecular events underlying biological function and identify how this information can be used to improve life quality.
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, a joint department of the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, seeks a project manager to work with the Euro-BioImaging Project from December 1st 2018 to December 31st 2020. Euro-BioImaging (EuBI) (www.eurobioimaging.eu) provides open physical user access to a broad range of state-of-art technologies in biological and biomedical imaging for life scientists, and its Finnish Advanced Light Microscopy Node (www.eurobioimaging.fi) focuses on different specialties such as super-resolution imaging, correlative light and electron microscopy and mesoscopic imaging.
As Project manager of the Finnish ALM Node of EuBI, the main tasks of this position are:
- To further develop the Finnish ALM Node: constantly upgrade operational facilities to meet national and international needs for imaging services.
- To promote the services that the Finnish ALM Node of EuBI offers; and to actively work to improve the quality of those services.
- To manage and coordinate the Finnish EuBI Node and to be responsible for the communication between all three partners in Turku (TBI), Helsinki (HBI) and Oulu (OBI).
- To coordinate Finnish Node funding acquisition and reporting towards Academy of Finland and universities.
- To evaluate Finnish Node user applications and projects based on their technical and scientific quality.
- To be the first point of contact for applications coming to Finland and to coordinate the EuBI user’s projects taking place in Finland.
- To provide assistance with requested imaging technologies and to support users with the experimental design and execution.
- Help to organize in collaboration with the involved units, the required ethical permissions for human and animal research, for transferring laboratory animals, biological and genetic material, as well as help arranging accommodation and travel details of the visitors.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date: 5 October 2018