Research Technician for the Imaging Platform, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology, DanStem, Copenhagen, Denmark
Advanced light microscopy is a key technology for a wide variety of research areas at DanStem. The Center hosts approximately 200 scientists regularly using applications in cellular imaging of a variety of model systems including primary and transformed cell lines, 3D cell cultures, tissues, and animal models. For these purposes, the Center houses ten state-of-the-art research microscopes, including several confocal, high-content screening, and wide-field microscopes for various applications. We are now seeking a highly motivated and qualified research technician to work alongside the specialists within the Imaging Platform at DanStem.
The research technician works in a team with dedicated specialists in microscopy and image analysis to provide service, training and support for research projects. Specifically, the technician is expected to
- Provide training for a variety of microscopes and applications
- Carry out microscope performance maintenance on a regular basis
- Coordinate microscope technical service
- Provide support and training on basic image analysis (Image J and Imaris) in collaboration with the specialist.
- Cooperate with platform personnel
- Network actively with the local microscopy community and stay up-to-date with current trends in the field
Qualifications and competences
Candidates are expected to have a lab technician degree with experience in microscopy, with at least one year of experience in light microscopy or a Master’s degree in a biological sciences-related discipline.
In addition, we wish for the candidate to have:
- A proactive, service-minded and team-player attitude, with an ability to multi-task
- The ability to organize the work, and not being afraid of showing initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment
- Knowledge of hardware and software from a variety of vendors is an advantage
- An understanding of principles of microscopy and an interest to work with the platform specialists
- Experience with basic image analysis is an advantage
The closing date for applications is May 31, 2019 at 23.59 pm.
For additonal information please check the job offer.