FLIM specialist, Biomedical Center, Munich, Germany
the Core Facility Bioimaging at the Biomedical
Center (BMC) of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is seeking a
Fluorescence lifetime imaging specialist
The Core Facility Bioimaging provides access to light microscopy, including confocal, multi-photon and STED, but also to deconvolution and image processing and analysis software for scientists from the BMC and neighboring institutes. We have over hundred users per year with a diverse range of applications and imaging needs. To strengthen our core facility team and to establish Fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM) with our new instrumentation, we are seeking a FLIM specialist.
Tasks include general characterization
of the commercial FLIM setup with its possibilities and limitations, support of
our users and their FLIM projects as well as general support with typical core
facility tasks like image analysis, microscope introductions and the like. The
work will be performed in close collaboration with the respective users, and
with the other Core Facility Bioimaging team members.
The ideal candidate has several of the following properties:
- Solid theoretical background and practical experience with FLIM
- Experience with analysis of microscopic images and respective programs (Fiji, Matlab, Imaris, etc.) would be a significant plus
- Experience with other light microscopy techniques
- A university degree and a PhD or Postdoc in a related area
- Inter-disciplinary communication skills, to span the bridge from microscopic application to biology and medicine
- Willingness to work in a service-oriented core facility, on varying projects with varying users
- Usable English and German language skills, or the willingness to acquire them quickly.
The position is available immediately
for an initial period of one year with the possibility of extension. Salary
will be according to TV-L. The University is an equal opportunity employer,
trying to increase the number of women in research and teaching. The Biomedical
Center is located in Planegg-Martinsried, in the southwest of Munich.
For further information please contact
the head of the Core Facility Bioimaging, Steffen Dietzel, +49/89/218071518, email@example.com. Please send your complete
application (in English or German) including a list of relevant experiences and
skills and the name and e-mail/phone numbers of references (preferably all in
one file) to this e-mail address.