UMR 703 PAnTher-Animal Pathophysiology and BioTherapy for muscle and nervous system diseases, recruits an engineer in photonic microscopy for applications in biology. Contract for one year from the 1st November 2019
Description of the mission
The engineer will develop and implement customized configurations and will setup microscopy imaging (confocal microscopy, TIRF, PALM, STORM, multiphotonic microscopy, slide scanner, multispectrale camera) of biological samples supplied by APEX collaborators.
Working Environnement and scientific context APEX (Anatomical Pathology Expertise for research) is a platform dedicated to veterinary pathology and fluorescence bio-imaging and focused on animal model characterization. Located at the Veterinary School of Nantes (Oniris) and set up in 2006 by the joint research unit 703 PAnTher, member of NeurATRIS, APEX carried out by the National Institute of Agronomic Research (INRA) and by Oniris is labelled IBiSA and BioGenouest, and certified ISO 9001.
APEX is focused on the investigation of healthy and diseased animal tissues. To address scientific challenges, APEX is structured around experts with complementary skills offers integrated veterinary histopathology and fluorescence bio-imaging to scientific community, private or academic.
APEX originally proposes an integrated offer in animal tissue phenotype and synergizes the skills of veterinary pathologists, certified by the European board committee and of engineers R&D specialized in fluorescence bio-imaging.
APEX facility core can set-up pathology and bio-imaging services in:
- all types of tissues and organs with an additional long-term recognized experience in neuropathology and muscle pathology;
- a very large range of species (from animal models, with a solid track record in large ones, to livestock target species and wild sentinel species) as veterinary pathologists are specially trained to comparative pathology;
- studies compliant with drug regulatory agencies (EMA, FDA?);
- studies requiring leading-edge bio-imaging technology (biphotonic, super-resolution microscopy PALM/STORM, spectral imaging, slide scanner?).
- Choose and customize imaging systems to deal with scientifics purposes
- Develop new methodologies in bio-imaging and sample preparation
- Analyse and interprete microscopic images and clearly present results.
- Train and ensure technology transfer to platform users
- Advise and train users for sample preparation and analytical methods
- Develop solutions for image analyses
- Write technical notes and tutorials
- Scientific and technical monitoring in fluorescence bio-imaging
- Design and implement trainings
- Knowledge and experience in confocal microscopy, high resolution, multiphoton.
- Skills in optic will be appreciated
- Know how to use informatic tools and softwares dedicated to image acquisition and image analyses (FIJI, NIS, Huygens, Amira)
- Skills in informatic will be appreciated
- Plan activities of the platform in accordance with external constraints and deadlines
- Communicate and manage relationships with collaborators
- Rigor and autonomy in the management of the requested missions
- Intitiatives and organization skills
- Education abilities, sense of contact, courtesy
Master degree level
French language skills
Skills in English greatly appreciated
Nantes-Atlantic National College of Veterinary Medicine, Food Science and engineering (Oniris)
Contacts : Laurence.firstname.lastname@example.org (Resp. Bio-imaging core facility)