The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) is a world-class biomedical research institute with 340 members. It is affiliated with the University of Basel and the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research. Our goal is to exploit new technologies to further our understanding of the basic molecular mechanisms that underlie health and disease. Several outstanding technology platforms support FMI scientists in their research discoveries, including the Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy (FAIM), which has a full-time position available immediately for an experienced MICROSCOPY FACILITY SCIENTIST
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Assist users running experiments by assessing their projects, selecting the appropriate microscopy modality and instrument, and by giving introductions to systems.
- Assist users with the first steps of image processing and analysis, in close collaboration with the image processing specialists at the facility.
- Help with the maintenance of equipment by performing performance tests and organizing repairs.
- Manage facility consumables, chemical database and waste disposal according to HSE regulations.
- Help maintain the Facility website and wiki pages.
- Participate in weekly Facility group meetings and attend the annual FMI retreat.
- Implement new methods by attending one to two conferences or courses in relevant fields every year and keeping up with relevant literature.
For additional information please check the job offer.