Course on Optical Microscopy Imaging for Biosciences | 12th Edition
23-27 March 2020 | i3S, Porto
The 12th edition of the Course on Optical Microscopy Imaging for Biosciences offers to the participants a comprehensive light microscopy course that explores the fundamentals of light microscopy and introduces the state-of-art of advanced fluorescence microscopy techniques. The course will flow from sample preparation to quantitative image analysis.
It will include theoretical lectures taught by specialists in the field and hand-on practical modules supported by the major microscopy companies where the participants will have the opportunity to take work with high-end microscopy resources.
- Specimen preparation
- Light proprieties and image formation
- Optical contrast techniques in transmission light microscopy
- Fluorescence microscopy techniques: wild-field, laser scanning confocal, two-photon, TIRF and light-sheet
- Live cell imaging
- Analyzing biomolecular interactions and dynamics: FRET, FLIM, FRAP, PA, FC
- Super-resolution microscopy
- Quantitative image analysis.
Target Audience: The course is designed to master and Ph.D. students, early career researchers plus all other people interested in acquiring skills in optical microscopy.
Course Coordination: Paula Sampaio
For registration or more information: https://www.i3s.up.pt/training?v=116#Registration
Early Bird: Until 24 February 2020
Late registration: 25-29 February 2020