The MPI-CBG is searching for a Junior Light Microscopy Imaging Specialist who shall be part of the team of imaging specialists at the Light Microscopy Facility (LMF).
The LMF MPI-CBG is one of the largest open access imaging facilities in Germany. It offers 25 advanced imaging systems to more than 230 users per year who book around 40,000 hours of instrument time annually. The LMF provides the following imaging technologies: wide-field microscopy, laser scanning confocal microscopy, two-photon microscopy, spinning disk confocal microscopy, TIRF microscopy, super resolution light microscopy, light sheet microscopy and laser capture microdissection.
We are now seeking a highly motivated and service-oriented light microscopy imaging specialist at an early career stage, who shall become part of the LMF team supporting imaging projects in the fields of cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biology, genetics, neurobiology, biochemistry and biophysics.
The successful candidate will:
- Support a broad variety of light microscopy imaging projects
- Provide training and teaching in basic and advanced light microscopy
- Maintain and service current imaging systems
- Implement and contribute to the development of new imaging technologies
- Support the LMF operations in general
For additional information please check the job offer.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.