Head of Advanced Light Microscopy Unit, CRG, Barcelona, Spain
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the ‘HR Excellence in Research‘ logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for an enthusiastic head of the Advanced Light Microscopy Unit (ALMU) of the CRG Core Facility program.
The main responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the unit to guarantee highest level of service provision and user support to both internal and external users
- Acquisition and upgrade or replacement decisions to keep the unit at the leading technology edge in the biological imaging field. Securing funding for these investments in competitive calls
- Method development to continuously improve the available technology portfolio of the unit
- Networking and active participation or leadership in national and international initiatives in the bioimaging field
- Development and execution of internal and external training activities in the field of microscopy, organization and hosting of workshops
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 15 June 2020