Imaging Specialist, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
SRIC (Super-Resolution Imaging Consortium) University of Medicine and Health Sciences, the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
Applications are invited for a position as Imaging specialist at Super-Resolution Imaging Consortium at RCSI, to commence 1 March 2021 or as soon as possible.
The Super Resolution Imaging Consortium (SRIC) is a joint initiative of RCSI and the University College Dublin (UCD) to provide an infrastructural network of super-resolution imaging equipment for a broad set of users from the physical, biological and medical sciences in Ireland. Funding from Science Foundation Ireland has provided infrastructural capacity for imaging via single molecule localisation microscopy (SMLM, including STORM, PALM, PAINT, DNA-PAINT), stimulated emission depletion (STED) microscopy, SRRF, and correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) imaging modalities. Further imaging modalities include advanced confocal microscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging (FLIM).
As a new facility, the SIRC is highly multi-disciplinary and utilised by a broad spectrum of researchers in the physical, medical and biological sciences. The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic team with expert and non-expert users on research questions encompassing all areas of super resolution microscopy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Introducing, training and supporting users on all SRIC light microscopes, especially on Super-Resolution Microscopy
- Meeting SRIC users to define optimal imaging strategies according to the facility’s portfolio
- Design and carry out experiments independently as needed
- Assist users to process and critically analyse image data
- Maintenance of all systems at SRIC, with focus on Super-Resolution Microscopy
- Staying up to date with the latest developments on microscopy methods and technology, with focus on Super Resolution Microscopy
- Work pro-actively to develop new avenues of research associated with new and emerging methods in super-resolution and correlative microscopy
- Helping with the organisation of and the teaching in SRIC courses
For additional information please check the job offer my.corehr.com/pls/coreportal_rcsip/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=025332.
Closing date 17 January 2021.