Research Technician in Quantitative Advanced Light Microscopy, Instituto Biofisika, Bilbao, Spain
The Instituto Biofisika (IBF; www.biofisika.org) in Bilbao (Basque Country in Spain) invites applications for a permanent public servant position as Research Technician in Quantitative Advanced Light Microscopy applied to biology. The IBF is a joint research centre of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). The centre focuses on fundamental and translational biophysics research and offers a highly collaborative culture. The Quantitative Advanced Light Microscopy core facility at the institute will be a node of ESFRI Euro-Bioimaging (EuBI).
Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Being successful in a competitive selection process that includes knowledge exams in common and specific subjects.
- Degree in Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or other relevant discipline.
- A PhD. in a relevant discipline with a focus in Biophysics will be ideal.
- Proficiency in FLIM, FLIM-FRET, FCS, and FCCS.
- Skilled and experienced in the operation and routine maintenance of advanced fluorescence microscopes.
- Skilled and experienced in data analysis.
- Self motivation, organizational skills, and interest in learning.
- Strong communication skills in English will also be important.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Routine maintenance of advanced fluorescence microscopy equipment and infrastructure.
- Facilitate equipment utilization and up-keep.
- Perform advanced fluorescence microscopy experiments.
- Sample preparation and data analysis.
- Ordering of supplies and perform essential facility housekeeping duties.
- Support both intramural research groups and external users.
- Train new users.
This is a permanent civil servant position (Escala de Técnicos Superiores Especializados de Organismos Públicos de Investigación (Ref.37655)) sponsored by CSIC. The reference for this position is #23 Instrumentación en Biofísica – Instituto Biofisika. To apply for this position you must register (€30.49 fee) for the selection process at http://administracion.gob.es/PAG/ips before February 3, 2021.
You can access additional information related to this call at https://sede.csic.gob.es/servicios/formacion-y-empleo/convocatorias-personal/-/convocatoria/37655.
Please contact Dr. Artur Escalada (firstname.lastname@example.org), deputy director of the IBF, for any questions and further clarifications.