Physicist / Engineer (Post-Doc, m/f/d) in Biomedical Imaging, University Medical Center Goettingen, Germany
The Institute for Neuropathology of the University Medical Center Göttingen is looking for
Physicist / Engineer (Post-Doc, m/f/d) in Biomedical Imaging
- Limitation: initially for 2 years
- Working period: full-time
- Tariff: Entgelt nach TV-L
- Announcement published on 05.03.2021
- Vacancy from 05.03.2021
- Application deadline: 03.05.2021
We offer a position for our research project “Digi3D”. The aim of the project is to exploit label-free photonic signals in tissue to obtain new visualisation tools (“digital stains”) for 3D-tissue diagnostics. To this end, a dedicated light sheet microscope will be extended with optical modules that allow the detection of the intrinsic physical properties of tissue autofluorescence. Combined with modern machine learning techniques a systematic investigation of inflammatory lung and brain diseases will be followed.
The research group Innovative Microscopy Technologies at the Institute of Neuropathology is equipped with a wide range of advanced microscopy systems, and a multi-GPU/CPU high-performance computing platform
The successful applicant must have:
- a PhD in (bio)physics, engineering, life sciences or equivalent field.
- experience in electronic hardware control, camera operation, or automation processes.
- programming skills, preferentially in Python/C++, Micro-Manager/LabVIEW.
- an understanding of imaging and optics is of advantage.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- a creative personality, enjoying team work.
For additional information please check the job offer.