Lead staff scientist In Optical Microscopy, KAUST, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Lead the Optical Microscopy Unit to serve the IAC mission to support research and education at KAUST and regionally by providing state-of-the-art optical microscopy instrumentation and training to users.
- Lead the Unit to facilitate high impact KAUST research and KAUST’s endeavor in promoting the economic growth of Saudi Arabia through building up first-class optical microscopy expertise.
- Lead the Unit to achieve the yearly objectives of the Unit agreed upon with the Lab director.
- Serve as the Lead for the Optical Microscopy Unit. Develop, implement and supervise standard operating procedures for confocal microscopy, multiphoton microscopy, super resolution microscopy, live cell imaging, light sheet microscopy, FLIM, conventional/AI confocal image processing, and other lab equipment and processes, including biological sample preparation protocols.
- Lead the Unit to meet the annual key performance indicators (KPIs) agreed upon with Core Labs management in all areas, including, but not limited to, equipment uptime, budget compliance, recruitment and asset management.
- Working with stakeholders strategically plan the resources to keep the instrumentation at the cutting-edge in areas strategically important to KAUST.
- Creates opportunities to enhance technical methodology or content through expansion of existing methods or development of new methods, which may extend technology into new application areas; the outcome should be visible and impactful in peer community.
- Lead and contribute to major intellectual development activities.
- Plan and execute the outreach activities to benefit Saudi Arabia
- Supervise a team of scientists through setting up yearly performance goals to motivate them to achieve excellence in both operation and high impact research support.
- Identify technical training needs for staff attached to the area and design staff development plan
- Cultivate a safe-lab environment culture and ensure a safe working environment.
- Build up and maintain good relationship with stakeholders
For additional information please check the job offer.