Director of the Biomedical Computer Vision Facility, Harvard Medical School, USA
The Biomedical Computer Vision Facility will work with investigators from the basic science departments at HMS, as well as the Harvard-affiliated hospitals, to provide training and support in both standard and cutting-edge image analysis techniques. The Director will collaborate with researchers across the campus to enable and improve research performed at HMS while advancing the field of biological image analysis through teaching, training, software development, and community building. Appropriate experimental design is central to the eventual success of quantitative image analysis, and the Center will work with researchers to develop experimental designs that are suited to their biological question. The Center will also collect and collate the large annotated imaging data sets generated by numerous labs at HMS, which will provide the substrate to train the next generation of machine learning algorithms for biomedical computer vision. The successful candidate will be proposed for a Lecturer appointment in the Department of Systems Biology, HMS.
● Hire and manage a team of research scientists, software engineers and trainees that will develop and provide state-of-the-art image analysis and related data analysis expertise to HMS researchers;
● Work closely with HMS life sciences researchers and imaging core facility staff to encourage a cycle between data analysis and experimental design;
● Develop and teach courses and workshops in image analysis;
● Establish a postdoctoral Image Analysis Fellows Program and serve as the Fellows’ mentor;
● Maintain a collection of open source and commercial image analysis software packages and assist researchers to use them effectively;
● Work with faculty advisors and administration to develop long-term funding plans for the Center.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 13 August 2021.