Optical Microscopy Specialist for ERC Synergy Project, CRG Barcelona, Spain
Optical Microscopy Specialist for ERC Synergy Project
in the Intracellular Self-Organization Group
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
Advanced microscopy imaging plays a central role in our research. In the framework of the recently started ERC Synergy project (BIOMECANET) the successful candidate will be a key member responsible for developing light microscopy methods (e.g. iSCAT/IRM, optical trapping, laser ablation, super-resolution) and data analysis tools. The selected candidate will work together with biochemists and biophysicists. The role has a research and a support component. Research will mostly be conducted in collaboration with other lab members with complementary expertise, leading to co-authorships on publications. The support role includes method development, training of users and maintenance of several microscopes.
About the Team
The Intracellular Self-Organization Group is interested in elucidating the design principles of self-organizing intracellular structures. The focus is on understanding the function of the cytoskeleton. The group is led by Thomas Surrey, an expert of microtubule cytoskeleton biochemistry and biophysics. Quantitative microscopy imaging combined with quantitative image and data analysis are important methods in the lab.
See also: https://www.crg.eu/en/programmes-groups/surrey-lab
- Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a PhD degree in Physics
- You have several years experience in the development of light microscopy methods
- You have an excellent understanding of optics, microscopy, image analysis, and statistics
- You are able to work independently and also enjoy working in a team
- You have excellent organisational skills
- Contract duration: up to 6 years, with possibility to extend
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: October/November 2021
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Thomas Surrey
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Thomas Surrey and be submitted online on the CRG Career
Deadline: Please submit your application by 3rd October 2021.