We are hiring an Imaging Specialist, with a strong background in superresolution microscopy, to join the staff of the Central Facility Biooptics-Light Microscopy at the Max Perutz Labs Vienna (https://www.maxperutzlabs.ac.at/research/facilities/biooptics-light-microscopy).
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of available superresolution microscopy related systems (PALM/STORM, SIM, STED, Airy-Scan), including training of users, system maintenance, on-demand troubleshooting, system-related user communication, all other aspects of experimental support to researchers (e.g. sample preparation; development of complex experimental workflows; data analyses)
- Involvement in every day’s facility operation: Training of users and maintenance of the instruments (= collaborative team effort) / Evaluation of techniques and data, as well as optimization of resources / Administration (statistics, surveys, homepage) / Assistance in organizing workshops/demos and core-promotion and outreach-initiatives
- Academic Teaching (lectures, practical courses)
- PhD in Biology or Physics or any related field of life science
- Proven experience in advanced light microscopy, preferably with superresolution microscopy techniques (PALM, STORM, STED, SIM, or any related technique)
- Experience with image processing and image analyses software (ImageJ/Fiji, Icy, Huygens, Imaris, etc.)
- Experience in the work environment of a service-oriented Core Facility will be considered a bonus
- Programming skills (Java, Python, MatLab, C++, etc.) will likewise be considered a bonus
- Ability to work independently and dedication to continuous self-development in applying light microscopy techniques (e.g. attendance of advanced training courses and workshops)
The position can be turned into a permanent contract upon positive evaluation after 12 months.
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
The position is available immediately
Please send your application including the following documents in pdf to Josef.Gotzmann@maxperutzlabs.ac.at:
- Motivation letter
- Academic CV including a detailed list of publications, advanced training courses and talks
- Two letters of reference (including actual referee contact data)
Application deadline is October 31, 2021.
Please use this link for the official job advertisement: