Laboratory Officer in Charge for Light Microscopy Technology Development Team, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
We are looking for a highly motivated and interdisciplinary imaging specialist to join the Advanced Light Microscopy Technology Development Team led by Timo Zimmermann in the Cell Biology and Biophysics Research Unit at EMBL Heidelberg.
The team will work on the development of original methods and technologies in the fields of super-resolution microscopy and of cryo-fluorescence microscopy. Developments will comprise new instrumentation and new fluorescence imaging approaches. The methods will be made available to researchers in the new EMBL Imaging Centre that has recently started operation on the EMBL Heidelberg campus.
The successful applicant will be part of an international, highly collaborative team comprising microscopy method developers and biological imaging specialists and work closely with the specialists in the light microscopy service team in the Imaging Centre.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development of advanced light microscopy systems for specific life science applications and imaging conditions in close collaboration with the team leader. Technologies range from (cryo) super-resolution microscopy to correlative light and electron microscopy approaches as well as novel technologies for sample preparation and labelling.
- Organisation and management of the laboratory and its activities.
Specifically tasks will include:
- Setup and operation of light microscopy systems and associated components.
- Programming image analysis software
- Reporting to team leader, in frequent meetings and in written form.
- Coordination between activities of the research and the service team.
- Training (and as capacity allows technical support) of group members.
- Administrative tasks: monitoring of internal and external budget, approval of purchase orders.
- Lab management tasks: organising the laboratory and research reagents incl lab stocking, coordinating up to date technical and image analysis protocol availability.
And performing additional tasks as required.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 27 April 2022