Optical Engineer, Prevedel group, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
The Prevedel group in Heidelberg is seeking an optical engineer with an applied physics and/or engineering background to work on advanced spectroscopic imaging techniques for applications in biology and medicine. In particular, the candidate will work on the development of new optical instrumentation with a particular emphasis on Brillouin light-scattering. Additionally, the successful candidate will team-up with biologists and medical scientists to apply the advances to current scientific questions. This project is part of an ERC Consolidator grant. The successful candidate is expected to take a strong lead on his/her project and start to develop independent ideas. Our multi-disciplinary lab provides an innovative, dynamic and constructive working environment for this purpose. More information about the Prevedel group can be found here: www.prevedel.embl.de
- Design of mechanical, optical as well as electronic and software components of novel, custom-built microscopes to collect 3D data from biological tissues.
- Development of Brillouin light-scattering techniques as well as the integration of novel spectrometers into bespoke microscopes.
- Demonstration of new biomechanical imaging technologies in close collaboration with other team members and biologists.
- Maintain documentation and records to support future developments, research or commercial exploitation and dissemination.
- Dissemination of research results in scientific publications and presentations at international conferences.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 15 May 2022