Super resolution microscopy specialist, University of Heidelberg, Germany
The CellNetworks Core Technology Platform at Heidelberg University is searching for:
Super resolution microscopy specialist (f/m/d)
The CellNetworks Core Technology Platform supports the development of scientific infrastructures and facilities that implement and provide advanced technologies to the research community at Heidelberg University. Recently, a super-resolution MINFLUX nanoscope has been set up on campus, and the platform is looking for a super resolution microscopy expert to develop the application of the MINFLUX technology as well as super resolution microscopy in general. The position is to be filled as soon as possible (39,5h /week). The successful candidate will be embedded in an operational framework of the two existing imaging infrastructures at Heidelberg University: Nikon Imaging Center (NIC, https://www.uni-heidelberg.de/nic/) and Infectious Diseases Imaging Platform (IDIP, https://www.idip-heidelberg.org/) but will also interact with the larger community network of super resolution microscopy specialists in Heidelberg and beyond (e.g., with colleagues at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and Max-Planck Institute for Medical Research).
We are seeking a highly enthusiastic candidate with skills in the application of super resolution microscopy technologies in life science research. The position will involve a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing support in the application of super-resolution microscopy in life science research with particular focus on the application of the MINFLUX technology
- Supporting users with project design, sample preparation and data acquisition across different institutions on campus
- Interpreting images and scientific results in collaboration with users to propose and perform subsequent experiments and procedures
- Serving on a MINFLUX Review Panel to review the feasibility and technical justification of project proposals
- Developing and modifying standard protocols for training sessions
- Executing regular maintenance of the relevant instrumentation. Developing and modifying maintenance protocols on an ongoing basis. Interpreting quality control information and initiating repairs if necessary. Documenting all equipment service.
- Testing / benchmarking commercial and academic workflows and reagents in the field of super resolution microscopy
- Developing and optimizing new super resolution methods tailored to research questions addressed by the users
- Organizing workshops and courses tailored to the needs of the super-resolution community
- Contributing to and building on corporate relationships with vendors in the field
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 30 June 2022