Scientific Officer – Bioimaging Data Analyst (m/f/d), ALMF, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
We are looking for a highly motivated Bioimage Data Analyst to join the Advanced Light Microscopy Core Facility at the EMBL Heidelberg as scientific officer. Your primary focus will be to evaluate and implement analysis workflows for cutting-edge imaging based spatial omics technologies and to contribute to the analysis and interpretation of spatial omics data.
This position is funded by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as part of a collaboration between Cellzome, a GSK company, and EMBL. Cellzome is a center of excellence for Omics technologies of GSK in Heidelberg, Germany. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with computational biology and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AIML) groups at GSK and at leading academic research institutions.
- Establish robust data quality controls and processing pipelines for image based spatial omics technologies
- Setup of dataflows and meta data capture
- Evaluation of novel analysis and data processing methods
- Data integrity management
- Integration of different imaging modalities
- Contribute to analysis and interpretation of spatial omics data in a highly interdisciplinary team
- Work closely with computational biology and AIML units, multidisciplinary teams, and academic partners to bring innovative ideas and drive projects to successful completion
- You hold a Master/Diploma/PhD degree in bioinformatics, mathematics, biology or a related discipline
- You have a strong background in microscopy and image analysis technologies, preferentially in the context of cancer biology
- Knowledge in immunology, or immune oncology is preferred
- Very good programming skills in Python or R
- You are skilled in planning and execution of research projects, and you have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary matrix team
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
Why join us
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
What else you need to know
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. On the EMBL campus in Heidelberg, Cellzome provides a high-quality international research environment with world-class omics capabilities. The candidate will benefit from participation in the GSK formal mentorship and various trainings/seminar series in drug discovery.
EMBL is Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. Its mission is to offer vital services in training scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new technologies and instruments in the life sciences, actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
Please contact Rainer Pepperkok, Christian Tischer or Stefan Terjung for additional information.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 18 September 2022.