Project Scientist in the Light Microscope Facility, DZNE Bonn, Germany
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Project Scientist (f/m/x) in the Light Microscope Facility
A full-time Scientist position is immediately available at the CRFS in the Light Microscopy Facility (LMF). The candidate will work in the LMF at the DZNE in Bonn and will strongly interact with DZNE scientists, members of the iBehave initiative and other core facilities. The LMF is a core facility for scientists, which maintains a variety of cutting-edge light microscope setups. The main aim of the facility is to support scientists on light microscopes, to support them in establishing their required experimental procedures on the setups, and to develop new techniques and analysis methods for applied light microscopy.
You will be part of a high-end microscopy facility. We are seeking individuals with a high motivation to work in a service-oriented team with strong expertise in advanced fluorescence microscopy and image analysis. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge in advanced light microscope techniques like single plane illumination microscopy, super-resolution microscopy, laser microdissection, confocal microscopy, spinning disk microscopy, or multi-photon microscopy, is considered advantageous. Furthermore, experience with engineering, applied optics, data handling, and image analysis is considered beneficial.
The candidate will be work on various projects of the LMF and in the framework of the iBehave initiative. This will include supporting scientists in their intravital microscopy experiments, maintenance of microscope setups, and working on various technical and methodological developments.
- Relevant university degree (Ph.D. in biology/physics/engineering or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in research with various microscope technologies (multiphoton microscopy, intravital microscopy, light-sheet microscopy, spinning disk applications, super-resolution microscopy, and/or confocal microscopy)
- Good skills in microscopy hardware, software, and data analysis.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of simultaneous roles.
- Solution-oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Prior facility experience is considered beneficial.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 15 September 2022