Electron Microscopy Researcher (Postdoc), Göttingen, Germany
The Institute of Neuropathology of the University Medical Center Göttingen is offering a postdoc position for our research project “NanoPatho”, an ultrastructural 3D investigation on the pathological mechanisms underlying neuronal damage and loss in grey matter brain lesions in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients using correlative tomographic EM.
The Institute of Neuropathology is a Europe-wide reference center for inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system. It is organized into routine diagnostics for patient care and several research groups.
The newly established Correlative Electron Microscopy Laboratory is equipped with three high-end 3D electron microscopes; a Serial-Block-Face-SEM, a FIB-SEM and a tomographic (S)TEM, as well as a state-of-the-art X-ray microscope and STED microscope. Various cryo-sample preparation techniques are available, including high-pressure freezing, freeze- substitution, and cryo-ultramicrotomy.
- Studying MS tissue samples using high-resolution tomographic electron microscopy (SBF-SEM, FIB-SEM, tomographic (S)TEM).
- Establishing pioneering multi-modal correlative electron microscopy workflows, integrating X-ray microscopy and STED microscopy.
- Collaborating with external and internal partners on the topic of multi-modal correlative microscopy
- a PhD in cell biology, neuroscience, structural biology or equivalent field
- at least one year of EM experience, including specimen preparation
- a solid understanding of the principles of scanning and/or transmission electron microscopy
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a creative personality, enjoying team work.
For additional information please check the job offer:
Closing date 31 January 2023