Postdoctoral Researcher in Automated Processing of Bioimages, Leibniz HKI, Jena, Germany
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The research group of Applied Systems Biology invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply as
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in
Automated Processing of Bioimages
for 2 years initially with the prospect of prolongation.
Research Areas: Automated image processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
In the research group Applied Systems Biology a position for a postdoctoral researcher becomes available. The position is associated with aspects of the Image-based Systems Biology approach. This modern computational approach comprises the automated analysis of microscopy and/or spectroscopy data based on state-of-the-art methods from machine learning as well as the computer simulation of mathematical models using advanced modeling approaches. We are seeking highly motivated candidates that are interested to work on image processing in experiment-driven interdisciplinary studies.
- Doctoral degree in physics, computer science, bioinformatics or a related discipline
- Strong interest in biological systems and an educational background in biology is preferred
- Experience in automated analysis of bioimages
- Very good programming skills in Java and/or C/C++
- Ability to perform team-oriented as well as independent work
- Good communication skills in English are a must
For additional information please check the job offer.
The deadline for the advertisement is February 28, 2023, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.