Scientist, Human Organelle Library, CZI Institute, USA
The Chan Zuckerberg Imaging Institute is seeking an experienced Scientist, Human Organelle Library to join our team and support our efforts in developing biological driver projects to push the frontiers and validate new cryo electron tomography technology developments. The successful candidate will have a strong background in structural biology, biochemistry, and/or physics, and extensive experience with cryo electron tomography techniques and data analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement new cryo electron tomography techniques and protocols
- Collaborate closely with research and technology development teams at the Chan Zuckerberg Imaging Institute
- Prepare cellular samples for cryo electron microscopy using FIB milling
- Collect and critically assess cryoET data and work closely with researchers to improve outcomes
- Analyze and interpret data from cryoET experiments
- Present research findings at conferences and in publications
- Supervise and train junior researchers and students
What You’ll Bring
- Ph.D. in structural biology, biochemistry, physics, or a related field
- Strong experience with cryo electron tomography techniques and data analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to multitask and work collaboratively and cooperatively with technology developers and scientific researchers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to stay current with new developments across the fields of cryoEM and cryoET
- Experience in supervising and training junior researchers is a plus
Apply for this job.