Staff member for light microscopy and optics development, ScopeM ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Staff member for light microscopy and optics development
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Scientific Center for Optical and Electron Microscopy (ScopeM) is a central scientific technology platform providing resources and expertise in light, electron and ion microscopy. As of 1st of November 2023, or upon agreement, we have an opening for a position as a staff scientist for light microscopy and optics development.
This key position is foreseen as a regular staff position with an initial two-years contract with the expectation to convert it to a time-unlimited employment upon mutual agreement.
As a member of the light microscopy team, you will provide support, expertise, and training to ScopeM users on various microscopes and adapt/modify those according to the needs for upcoming research projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support users with their imaging and spectroscopy requests in the field of physics, material science, etc.
- Act as primarily responsible for certain instruments and techniques, ensure the optimal operation/use of such instruments and provide training to the users.
- Adapt and modify existing microscopes according the user needs (optics/hardware, possibly system automation).
- Participate in organizing and teaching light-microscopy courses.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in microscopy and related technologies.
For additional information please check the job offer.
Closing date 15 September 2023